May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mothers out there. Today has been sort of bitter/sweet. We had a lovely weekend with the Rowbury family, eating good food and fun shopping in Park City. But I couldn't help but feel a little sad for those beautiful kids who's mother passed away almost a year ago. What a hard day to celebrate. And then I thought about those beautiful women out there who are trying to be mother's and it just hasn't been their time yet. What a hard day for them to celebrate as well. But at the same time I am blessed enough to feel this baby girl kick and squirm inside my belly, knowing that almost anytime now she will be in my arms. I keep looking over at Mitch, wondering if this will be our last Sunday as a couple. Or maybe we'll have 2 more, who knows ;) The only thing I'm sure of is I am definitely surrounded by a plethora of mothers. Whether it's my very own mother, who is pretty much the most amazing person on the planet. Or my mother in law, who we were so lucky to spend the weekend with. My beautiful sister who is a new mother of a PERFECT baby boy and her perfect little girl, or other friends and family who have either been a mother to me or a great example of how motherhood is supposed to be. Everywhere I turn I am lucky enough to have all of these great women in my life, and soon my daughter will be blessed enough to have these motherly figures in her life as well. I'm sure motherhood will have a whole new meaning to me the second this baby joins our little family. I heard the perfect little saying not too long ago,"You do not have to have children of your own to be a mother. You are a mother to all those around you." This is so true, so whether or not you have your own children, just know you are a Mother to someone around you.
Beautiful Charlie girl. She tested out our baby girls crib this weekend, it works like a champ!
Perfect little Harvey...
Thanks again to all the wonderful mothers I have surrounding me, Happy Mother's day...

2 comments:

Hilary and Austin Rawlings said...

Roz... you are going to be the cutest mom ever! I hope you dont mind me constantly over at your house playing with you and your little girl! :) love you!

a.eborn said...

You will be the most perfect mother EVER! Love you so much!!