May 21, 2012
Week of Lasts
39 weeks. The hospital bag is packed, the nursery is ready, this ever growing belly of mine is most definitely ready. I still can't fathom the fact that at any moment this little lady of ours could decide to come. I would be lying if I said I'm completely ready and feel totally prepared to be a mother in just a few short days. How is Heavenly Father trusting little ole' me with such a huge responsibility? Just yesterday I was bawling hysterically to my husband about all these selfish things. The more I cried, the more I realized how silly I was sounding. Nothing a little ice cream and a walk in the park with my best friend can't fix ;) So, we've endured to the end and hopefully we've reached our week of LASTS.
*Last emotional break down. (I said this to Mitch and he just sorta laughed. I think he realizes there is plenty more to come with a sleep deprived wife with cracked, bleeding nipples}
*Our last doctors appointment, which my husband never missed a single one...
*My last week of ginormous swollen toes. (Although I hear other things will be swollen and I might be wishing for my swollen toes back,rather than the alternative ;)
*My last week of sleeping with the air conditioning at 60 every night.
*My last week of eating like I was feeding 6 people instead of just 2..
*Our last week with just the two of us {I will selfishly admit, this is one thing I'm struggling with}
*Our last week of falling asleep with Mitch's hand on my belly, still getting excited over her little squirms and kicks like it was the first time we've ever felt them.
*Although it's slightly terrifying not knowing when she will come, I will miss the anticipation in Mitch's voice when he calls to check on me. Or my mom, dad, sister, brother, grandma, friends, they have all been so supportive and excitedly ask DAILY if she is here yet ;)
*My last week of work
*My last week of sleeping in till 9 or sometimes 10 just because I have nothing better to do
*My last week of having a constant companion in my belly, who even though brings me to painful tears sometimes, I will thoroughly miss feeling my little wiggly worm
*But most of all, it will be the last week of wishing, wondering, hoping, anticipating, for our perfect little girl to be in our arms. Soon our questions of who, or what she will look like, if she will have all 10 fingers and 10 tiny little toes and what on earth her NAME WILL BE, will all be answered...
Oh yes, and we can't forget the LAST AWKWARD PREGNANCY PICTURE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
You are so cute pregnant!!
oh my goodness- roz, I'm seriously so excited for you! your life is certainly going to change- but I promise you are going to love every single second of it! so happy for your little family!
Im so excited to meet her (: (: and cuddle her while you nap!!
This was such a cute post!! (:
YAY that she is almost here! I bet you are ready. You are going to be a great mom Roz! Yeah, you better get ready for the sleep deprivation, that is the hardest part. Also, your nipples won't bleed or crack at all if you use Lansinoh Lanolin every time you finish nursing. And I always eat WAY more after I am pregnant because of nursing. It is a little scary how much more. Good luck! Hope she gets here soon!
I can't wait to meet her!!! Good luck!! Yay for baby girls!!!
Post a Comment