October 2, 2010

My New Life

I attended Stephanie Neilson's fireside Thursday night and she truly is inspiring. She is the author of nieniedialogues.blogspot.com. If you haven't read her blog please do so. She is such a great example to all and spoke right to my heart on Thursday. Although her message was about true beauty, not just what's on the outside, I took sort of a different message to heart. To me I felt almost guilty listening to her story and all the hardships her and her family have gone through and how they look at everything as a blessing. I feel as though sometimes I take for granted the great life I have been given. I haven't had any hard trials or hardships and yet I still find little things to complain about. So what I took away from her sharing her life changing experience with us was to be more grateful and have gratitude for everything I am given, and to not sweat the small stuff. For life is truly beautiful and Life is what we make it. It's something I'll need to work on everyday but I'm so grateful I was able to attend this talk. She makes you want to become a better person just by reading her blog and looking at life through her eyes. I posted the Mormon message that was done on her and her family, so enjoy..

5 comments:

Watt Family said...

She is a pretty incredible woman! You are awesome! I feel the same way a lot about finding little things to complain about. It's an easy thing to do.

JeNnA said...

I have heard that she spoke... but it after the fact and i was so dissapointed that I didn't know about it when its just a few miles down the road....sigh! I am sure it was good!

Team Allen said...

I love that movie..I bet her fireside was amazing! I'm jealous that you got to go..thanks for sharing what you learned :)
ps I can't help but dance a lil when I hear that background music on your blog from LFO..it's a classic. took me back to long bus rides home for just a split second!

Hilary and Brian said...

I love her blog! I read it all the time! I can hardly ever read it without making my eyes tear up, she is so amazing, wish I could of gone to that!

Unknown said...

Nei Nei is amazing I am so jealous you got to go but SO happy for you that you got to hear her speak, how incredible and life changing! :)