January 18, 2010

Kids say the Darndest things..

So yesterday we sat by my niece and her cute little friend in Sacrament meeting. Let me just tell you, they were Hilarious! There were many things said that made me laugh incredibly hard..(which was quietly of course, since we were in church) I just have to share with you my favorite thing that was said yesterday. It may not sound funny to you, I guess you just had to have been there.. As we were sitting there this little girl tapped me on the shoulder and said, "Rozy, Guess what! I know how to make BBQ sauce!" I asked, "You do! How do you make it?" She replies with a cute little smile, "You start with some ketchup, then you add a barbie head.. Get it BARBIE-Q" It took all I had to contain myself from disrupting the whole congregation. Mitch saw me uncontrollably laughing and asked what was so funny. I told him and we both sat and laughed for a solid 5 minutes. That was just one of the MANY many outrageous things these little girls said, how do they come up with these things? It probably doesn't help that our church is at 9 and I was a little loopy from lack of sleep...But seriously, don't kids say the darndest things? If you have any funny stories to share, please do! Even if your a complete stranger I would be thoroughly amused by your comments. So comment away people, and Happy Monday!

5 comments:

Powell's Place said...

I agree! Yesterday in primary the music leader was asking the kids what their favorite songs were. One girl said, "Pioneer Children Sang as they Walked, and Walked, and Walked." And then this little 5-year old randomly spurts out, "I like pineapple!" (pioneer/pineapple?) get it haha.

Team Allen said...

ahha oh my gosh that is hilarious!! Welcome to my life at work everyday with bored/sick kids for twelve hours a day. okay AND my life as nursery leader. haha that is how much I love kids..that is also the reason that my own kids are being save for the far away future :)

Hilary and Brian said...

kids are so funny haha me and brian subbed a primary class a few times and one time they were molding something they cherish out of play dough and one boy threw his against the wall and it stuck to the wall and the boy next to him said, "whats your thing that you cherish?" and he said, "mine is an atomic bomb!" not sure how a 7 year old knows what an atomic bomb is but i was trying so hard not to burst out laughing!

Unknown said...

I agree...I teach the Sunbeams and last week one of the kids when the music teacher took her shoes off said "it stinks, it really stinks." I was totally lost on what he was saying until I asked him and he told me she took of her shoes and it stunk...not really but he has just figured that was how it worked...

Sydnee said...

My husband and I taught the sunbeam class before we moved to Boise. One Sunday, during music time, the music leader asked what the kids wanted to sing. A little 5 year old boy yelled at the top of his lungs, "ROCK N' ROLL!!!"
HA HA HA It was awesome!