October 13, 2009

hunter, farmer, husband....

WELL my husband has been 100% IDAHOAN these past few weeks... He's been gettin' in touch with his good ole' St. Anthony roots! I love a man who can pull a trailer in his big Diesel Truck! He's been going and getting wood with his dad up in the mountains (pretty much EVERYDAY) He went hunting and shot himself an antelope and made himself some mighty fine ANTELOPE JERKY! He's been workin hard on cars, changing oil, fixing Brad's somethin or other and changing some fuel things on his truck (I'm pretty much an expert on cars. not) But my husband can change anything and rotate whatever is necessary on our vehicles which is another thing I love about my man. These last few weeks he's been bringing out the farmer side in him, comin home with dirt on his face and smellin like the famous IDAHO PoTaToEs! I've gone and rode in his truck a few times and it's nothing short of a good time! We've been talking about our future and we're looking into building a house. Mitch of course can build everything and wants to build our entire house. It's so fun talking about the future and our future home.. .but it's even greater seeing how much my husband knows about a variety of things. I'm so lucky to have such a handy man, and I sleep well at night knowing that if we ever needed to survive in the wilderness, my husband will be able to do it all! So Thanks Eddie and JoAnne for raising such a fine young man who can hunt, farm, do dishes for me, be one good looking mechanic, build my future home and have such a strong testimony in the Church. Love you babe..

7 comments:

Powell's Place said...

You have to love a good ole Idahoan boy! I should know; that's what I got too! haha. When he came home with a dead deer and said, "you should cook this!" I have to admit, I had my doubts and was nervous at first. After all, that deer could have been anywhere, eaten anything! And for some reason, when it's cooking on the stove, it kind of freaks me out that my husband killed the thing that I'm now browning. But oh well. Gotta love 'em!

Chelsi said...

I love Idaho boys! Especially farm boys ;) There's just something about how they can do ANYTHING that really makes you love them that much more. We really need to hang out when you get here. I'm sure Gord and Mitch will have lots in common since they are both handymen!

Missy said...

Sounds like he's been busy! Cute pictures of you guys! That would be so fun to build a house!

Kenzie - Ryan - Livee- Emmeline said...

You guys are so cute together. I love Idaho boys too! I want you to come and see me! I think that we should get some girls together and stunt. It would be fun. Call me.

Unknown said...

Your husband and mine would be very good friends!...:)

Summer Mortensen said...

There's nothing better than a good ol' country boy right? I wouldn't have it any other way myself!! You guys are such a cute couple!!

Greg n Sara said...

Yup I do call my hubby a redneck sometimes. I don't know what I would do if Greg couldn't change my oil or fix things around the house. The only bad thing is this "honey I want a new table" My husband " I can build one dear" O boy.. Idaho Boys are the BEST!!