July 11, 2009

A minute of great news....

I'M GOING HOME!! I'm extremely excited.. I've been oh so bored out here in Fresno lately and my job makes me extremely irritable towards people, because I realize more and more everyday that not everyone thinks the way I do, and when they don't think the way I do I get irritated and think they are simply ridiculous. Mitch tries to tell me everyday that I can't change the way people think or act and I need to just deal with it and stop getting angry.. But I can't help it! So I told him the only way I'll be cured is if I go home and take a break from everyone here in Fresno for a week and play with my friends and family at home, just in time for the 24th of July parade! So a week from Tuesday I'll be back in good ole' Rexy town for a week, with no paperwork, no sales reps, no technicians, and no long Boring days without my loving husband. Until then, I figured I needed a hobby to fill in my repetitive and dull days until I get to go home. So during our "CRAFT brainstorming time" (me Kelsey and Allie) we came up with the bright idea of making a quilt!! The only problem is, I've never sewn a thing in my life, I'm the least crafty person on the face of this earth, and I'm beginning to see that this project is going to take a lot of patience and time, and let's just say patience is a virtue that I never seemed to acquire... So I got everything cut out today and now I have no idea how to assemble my pieces together.. But other then that I had an enjoyable time doing my first craft! It made my day pass by so much quicker than usual. So if anyone has made a rag quilt before, please feel free to leave any tips so I can figure out what to do next!
I obviously have a few holes to fill but I Ran out of my zebra fabric, so I need to go back and get some more.. The ladies Joann Fabrics were so helpful today, helping me choose what to use and some colors to go with it for my first quilting experience!
Oh and I almost forgot, for the past month now I have been begging Mitch to buy tickets to the Keith Urban concert here in Fresno, and he just always put it aside and acted all nonchalant about it.. But come to find out he was trying to keep it a secret from me that he had the tickets! But secrets don't exist in my world, I always seem to find out somehow... Regardless, I am THRILLED to see Keith Urban live next week at the Save Mart Center in Fresno..
Oh and one more thing.. me and my friends out here want to do a different craft every week.. but none of us have the crafty capacity to think of our next weeks craft.. SO If anyone has some great ideas PLEASE inform me on what it is.. (Maybe even a step by step process for the craft impaired people) THANKS!! It will be muchly appreciated!

12 comments:

Team Allen said...

haha I love this post!! Good luck to you. I wish I was ever bored I would LOVE to be bored. I'm so sad you are barely missing my shower..I will miss you! have so much fun at home!

Abbie said...

Guess what!!!!!! I am going home that week too!! We are going to be there at the same time!! I love the quilt I want to make one! And I am super jealous about Kieth Urban!!! I am so excited to be your neighbor I hope it all works out!! Love you!

Howards said...

Roz that is so cute! I have one hint when making a rag quilt...you may know but when you have it layed out like in the picture that will not be the real size. It will be almost half that size so make it about double the size when it is layed out like that. anyway that is a mistake I made with the first one i did for Londyn. Let me know if you have any questions. ohoward1@hotmail.com
Oh, and i have some ideas for crafts as i married into the craftiest family.
we miss you guys.
Oakley

Destry and Liz said...

Im so excited to see you when you come home!!!!! YAY! As for the crafy part dont feel bad, I SUCK at crafts! haha. See you soon!

Morrows said...

that quilt is super cute! You will have to post a picture of it when you are finished! I bet you are so excited to come home! Keith Urban tickets!?!? I am jealous.

Chelsi said...

Looks like you have a pretty good start! It will be a cute quilt. I've made one rag quilt and it turned out way cute. Just get your pattern and start sewing an "x" through each square, then sew your squares in rows and sow your rows together. Then the cutting begins :) plan to get a blister... it takes a while! I would recommend taking the quilt to a laundry mat if you have one close because they make a huge mess when you wash them to fray the edges. Good luck!! I want pics of the final product. Also, there are tons of blogs out there with fun ideas. I have several along the side of my blog that has fun ideas, so just look around :) I just made some fun headbands and the flowers I have on there look fun...

The Olsons said...

Cute blog!!!! I had no idea you've been bored stiff here, let's hang out before you go! Living in Fresno is still very debatable for us as well. I wish I knew this earlier!

Scott Family said...

my tip of the day is that when you get to the point of cutting that you are super careful not to cut the seems...if you even nic it you will have holes all over to re-sew :) it's lame... good luck

Summer Mortensen said...

That will be a super cute blanket once it's all finished! I'm actually in the process of making a rag quilt myself (have been for about a year now..haha) let's see who's gets finished first! Good luck with it, they're very time consuming!

Britt and Chad said...

Roz I need help with this blogging thing!! How do you add a picture to your title?

Bree said...

Yay for going home...I'm definitely ready to be back home...but I really don't want summer to be over yet!!! Have fun and good luck with your crafts!! :)

megan said...

Cute quilt! Unfortunately I have NO idea what I'd do next either. haha good luck! And i just went home last week it was so fun!! I totally know how it feels to need some time back home. I hope you have a great trip! ps-I've found some really cute crafty ideas just in Martha Stewart magazine.