March 28, 2013

10 Months Old

How is it possible that this child of mine is two months shy from being a year? I just can't wrap my head around it. Although it feels like we've never been without her. At the same time I can't believe how fast a year has almost come and gone! I have a feeling this girl will be doing cartwheels on her first birthday. She walks everywhere now. The only time she crawls is up the stairs. But even then she insists that we hold her by the hands so she can take her own steps up each stair. I'm so proud of this little monkey. She is so strong willed. I am one proud mom. She LOVES attention and demands it from anyone present. She claps and jumps when she is excited. She points in wonder at everything in sight. She is soaking up everything around her. It's nice that she is learning to point because she is figuring out that if she points to something, we will go grab it for her. Ok, I take that back. It's nice for her, not so much for us. Especially when she wakes up in the middle of the night and I'm in checking on her and she's pointing at the door saying mama and dada. 
She is the sweetest thing, and as hard as it was for us to put her down the hall in her own crib. We finally accomplished that milestone. It only took us 9 months right? Everyone is sleeping much better now that we are in separate bedrooms. Who knew? She sometimes wakes up 1-2 times a night, but I just let her cry for a few minutes and she's right back to sleep. I'm still getting used to not being able to roll right over and make sure she's still breathing in her pack and play next to my bed. It takes everything I have not to go check on her three times a night to make sure she's alive. Do you ever get over that? I sure hope so. She has been so awesome at her nap schedule. I feed her, put her in her crib and she plays until she falls asleep. It's magical. She still takes 2 naps everyday, sometimes 3 if she plays extra hard. It's the same for bed time. Except for I rock her and sing to her for at least 10 minutes before I put her in her bed for the night. That's my favorite time of day. Just snuggling up to my baby, having her look up at me while I sing her primary songs. I wouldn't trade those moments with her for anything in the world. 
This poor kid has gotten sick three times already! It breaks my heart every time and makes me feel so useless as a mom. She can't breathe, she has a cough and just seems so miserable. Despite all the sickness, she still tries so hard to be a happy little camper. All the moms I talk to tell me she's just building her little immune system, and since she's getting sick a lot, it will be extra strong by the time she goes to school around all the other kiddies. 
I know I say this every single post, but her little personality is more fun that I could have imagined. The other night we wanted to snuggle with her in our bed for a while until she got tired. She was playing with her dads ear and simply thought it was hilarious. Then she looked over at me, DOVE across the bed and planted her lips right on mine. She sat and laughed for a good three minutes, just sitting with her lips on mine. I was loving the extra kisses and especially loving her little giggles. 
What  perfect combination. Kisses and giggles from my sweet little babe. 
She still loves eating everything. She's great eater and sometimes I can't feed that girl fast enough! I've found that when I'm feeding her the baby food, it has to be warmed up.
 Even fruit. Everything tastes better warm, right? 
She's still wearing size 3 diapers. Her clothes are all getting too small. But I hate running out and buying her more winter clothes when summer is on it's way, right? Or am I getting my hopes up too soon? Who am I kidding. It probably be winter until her first birthday. Which brings up some exciting news. It will be her FIRST EASTER this weekend and I am one excited mama. I've already put together her super adorable easter basket. (I bought the little miss her first pair of jelly shoes) Those are a must, no? She will love them I'm sure. If not, I will love them enough for the both of us. 
She is still nursing but is not as interested as in previous months. So I have a feeling our nursing bonding moments are winding down to a close. I'm just proud we've lasted 10 months. I'll try and last a year, but I'm not so sure she will last that long. 
Gosh, I don't know what else to say about my sweet cheeks besides the fact that she is incredibly fun, she is practically running. She's definitely walking at a FAST pace. She LOVES playing with other kids and is just fascinated by them. Let me rephrase that. She loves playing with OLDER kids and is fascinated by them. She tries everything in her power to keep up with the older kids she see's, even if they are twice her age. She says mama and dad all dad long and it melts my heart just the same as if I heard it for the first time. She loves helping mom with the laundry and dishes. (By helping I mean unloading everything I just loaded) I still think she will be a singer because while she's talking she just holds her note as long as possible, takes a breath and holds it even longer. She's also very LOUD when she talks, but I think it's adorable. I'm sure it bothers the passer by. But once they see her beautiful smiling face, all is right in their world again. She still only likes people from a distance, but will smile as if you are best friends. Try to take her from her mama, now that's a different story. She still loves her tubby time and I'm stating to enjoy them a lot more now that she can sit by her self and I don't have to hover over the tub the entire time making sure she doesn't go under. She entertains herself every night for about 30 minutes just singing and playing with all her toys in the tub. Perfect way to get out all the wiggles before bed time. She's our whole world. That's all...
Until next month that is. 

No comments: