Happy 27 years to my beautiful MOM and my Handsome DAD! They are so amazing and have almost been married 30 years.
I think they are getting a little old ;)
But I honestly couldn't have asked for better parents and I know that I hand picked them myself up in heaven because they are the greatest people on earth. They show me more love and support and more love than I could ever even ask for. I hope Mitch and I can be as cool as parents as they were when I was growing up. They raised me in such a wonderful home filled with love and the spirit of our Heavenly Father. They taught me so many wonderful life lessons and I'm grateful I was raised in the church in such a gospel oriented home. Some of the things I'm most grateful for are..
*they never let me miss school or church {even when I was sick, they only let me come home if I was throwing up or, well, you know what else} But I knew every primary song and I never missed a math class. And I'm so grateful for something so simple but I feel like that one principle has carried on throughout my life and helped shape who I am today.
*I'm SO grateful for their words of encouragement. When others put me down, they were always right there behind me to boost me up and make me feel like I was the strongest girl on earth. OR if I was getting to full of myself they would bring me right back down. They always kept me Confident yet level headed and I'm so grateful they helped me find that balance.
*I'm grateful they gave me a curfew. {except for those few nights they let me "sneak out"}... At the time I HATED having a 12 o clock curfew, but looking back now they were right. The devil comes out at Midnight and nothing good comes after that hour. So I'm grateful they loved me enough to give me a curfew and kept me out of trouble.
*I LOVE how open I could be with them. Instead of "sneaking out" I asked permission if I could "sneak out". My friends all thought I was crazy so I sometimes would sneak out a window even though my parents knew I was leaving, JUST so I looked cool. But I'm so grateful for the open relationship I had with them, I could talk to them about anything and we had such a trusting relationship that I am forever grateful for.
*I'm grateful that they always pushed me. Not in a bad way, but in a way that always made me go for what I wanted. In 9th grade I was TERRIFIED to try out for Student Body, but my parents were right there in the stands cheering me on and helping me go for what I wanted. When I wanted to try out for cheerleading in college, my mom was right there the whole time being my own personal cheerleader. They never stopped supporting me and pushing me towards my goals and dreams.
*I'm grateful my parents taught me how to get a little dirt under my fingernails. Mitch always says that's what he loves most about me is my willingness to go out and try ANYTHING and EVERYTHING, but I still know how to be a girl...{let's hope so} Both my parents are like that. My dad always took me fishing, hunting, shooting, 4-wheeling, ya know... guy stuff. And my mom always loved adventures and taught me all the adventurous yet girly stuff. Once again, they taught me that balance that I'm so grateful for and that made me who I am today..
Gosh I could go on and on about all the wonderful things my parents have taught me. I'm so grateful that they found each other and got married on that Beautiful May 30th day 27 years ago...
I love you mom and dad and am so grateful for all you do...
Happy Anniversary baby....got you on my Miiiinnnd
{anniversaries are incomplete without the singing of this song, just so ya know}
aren't they just the cutest???

3 comments:
Oh thank you so much for our anniversary shout out! It has been great and it keeps getting better and better. Maybe when we are 80 we will still be holding hands and giving little pecks! Haha
awww they look so cute..and young!!! they look like they are 18
They are the cutest! :) I can't believe Justin is old enough to serve a mission!!! Congrats to him! And I love your new blog background--super cute! :)
Post a Comment