January 8, 2011

New Years News

*Well this year feels like a good year so far! I survived my first week back at school and made it through my end of year test (over every subject I have ever taken in school, Terrifying!) I thought it was quite rude they made us take it the first week back.. I mean, do you honestly think for one second I would study over Christmas Break? I think not.. *On a lighter note, I have made a remarkable New Year's Resolution if I might say.. I am trying this new thing called..... Cooking. I'm sure most of you have heard of it, but it's sort of a foreign topic for me. For those of you who don't know me very well, I could eat out every day of my life and be completely OK with it. No dishes, no Mess to clean up... (And also love to eat at my mom's house on the weekends when she cooks because she is an AMAZING cook, I suppose I could learn a LOT from her eh?). These words came out of my own dad's mouth, he once told me, "Rozalynn, when you get lots of money I can tell you're going to be one of those wives that hires a personal cook and maid to tend to your every need." I took quite offense to this when he first mentioned it, but after I gave it a lot of thought it didn't sound like such a bad idea! BUT, as I was soul searching for a New Years Goal to accomplish, I've decided I want to be a better "housewife". Not like a Desperate housewife, but a wife who cooks and cleans and does laundry more than once a week. So here is a review of my NEW Goal I'm trying to Tackle in full force.... *Day 1- My goal started Yesterday because I decided to excluded the first week of January due to; it was my first week back in school, full of tests, and I'm embarrassed to say my house was a disaster and I didn't prepare one meal. SO as of yesterday my New Years Resolution has begun. I successfully wrote down 30 meals I wanted to cook for the Month of January. Then I proceeded to the grocery store and bought every ingredient to do so. THEN I spent the entire day cooking!! Actually COOKING... I made my own HOMEADE BREAD DOUGH..(I know, I know you can hold the applause) and I made 3 freezer meals that I could use in future weeks when I'm feeling lazy and not wanting to cook. (Which I'm thinking I'm going to need more than 3) I can grab a quick meal from my already prepared freezer meals and HEAT IT UP! Isn't that amazing? I also made my husband lunch AND dinner yesterday, and had his lunch prepared for him today! He is very impressed to say the least.. *I forgot to mention we celebrated out 2 Year Anniversary on January 3rd! We spent it at the Delicious Cheesecake Factory. I just have to say how grateful I am for my AMAZING Husband! He does so much for me to make sure I'm always happy, he is the best and I love him so much! But I do have to say he is partly to blame for my inadequate house wifeness.. He is always doing the dishes and starting the laundry before I even have a chance to get to it. And me being my "non housewife self" take that for granted. So part of my new goal is to beat Mitch to the punch and be the first to start the Laundry.. (I'll let him keep doing the dishes because he is SO good at them... hehe) But anyways, I hope everyone is having a great January and setting some new goals! (I'd love to hear about them if you want to share...) *OH and ONE more thing.. I'm trying to be MORE Organized! I feel like every time I clean out my pantry it still looks like a disaster, so if ANYONE has any amazing pantry organizing tips I am ALL ears! Or any tips of organizational type skills would be of great use... so all you organization diva's please help me out! Have a great weekend everyone! (Here is one, ok maybe 2 of my favorite things I cooked yesterday, it was actually quite fun) Me and the hubsters at Cheesecake Me and the girls in all our manliness glory.. (yes we look this un-girly everyday at school) I miss my baby and my sister SO much! Why do they have to live so far away? And can you believe how much hair this perfect little thing has?

10 comments:

Hilary and Brian said...

Those are good goals! I'd have to confess that I don't cook very often and Brian does our laundry...man maybe I should steal your goals haha oh and Happy Anniversary!

Abby said...

you are so cute- i love the last pic of you- you're so pretty!
And that pizza braid looks delicious! Good luck on your goals of cooking.. sounds like you're on a good start! I'm impressed with all you got done in one day! Wow! I love to cook. I think maybe once you start to do it more often, it will become more fun and less like a chore... I look at pioneerwoman.com for recipes-- her food is amazing!
OH, and whenever you say Announcement in your title, I always think it's a BABY! When is that going to happen?!? I just know you'd have the most adorable little baby.
Happy Cooking!

Sydnee said...

I must say that the pictures of the food you made look sooooo good. I think you should tell me how you made those. I am also working on my goal to cook more and so far it has been cereal and stuff thrown into the crock pot!
You inspire me!!!!

Chelsi said...

You are so cute! I'm sure your meals were great... one of my favorite blogs for recipes is realmomskitchen.com -- Easy and yummy :) Congrats on 2 years!! Great goal for New Year's. I do my meals 30 days at a time and it makes a HUGE difference. Keep us updated on your progress.

Robin said...

Aww! When I saw "New Years News" I thought you were preggers! Oh well, cooking is good too. I guess....

JeNnA said...

Awesome goals Roz! As for organizaion... its one of my obsessions, however a pantry is a pantry.... not a whiole lot you can do. Maybe get a cute little basket for little things like taco seasoning packets and etc. and maybe a can organizer.... they ahve them in a lot of stores. like you roll the cans into it... do you know waht I am talking about? anyway. loved the update! Good luck on the goal!

Camille @ Camille's Casa said...

Roz, I'm so proud of you! A menu and homemade dough? You rock! Your pizza braid is beautiful, and they are so delicious. I hope cooking becomes fun for you, it's such a good feeling to put a yummy plate in front of a hard-working husband. Keep it up!

Team Allen said...

hahaha I was laughing so hard at this!! Cooking is also my weakness! your pizza rolls look delicious!! I want to try them..lets get together soon and make us some good dinner..how many times have we said that now?? I mean it.

Team Allen said...

hahaha this made me laugh so hard! I also need to make some kind of resolution about cooking. Let's get together and learn some new recipes. How many times have we said that?? I mean it!

Team Allen said...

My comments aren't showing up..do you have to approve them :) Here is just one more! post whichever is your fav!! Love you! your niece is the CUTEST with that hair. This is like private email :) haha.