What are YOU grateful for?
November 10, 2010
Grateful..
Do you ever have those days when you realize the outcome of your day is entirely up to your attitude? Just the smallest adjustment can either make your day better or worse. Sometimes I wake up feeling so tired, or so stressed and so ready to be finished with school. It seems like I've had a few of these days the past few weeks. And then when I walk outside in all of it's freezing coldness, it seems to add a little more annoyance to my morning. But the second I walk into school, someone greets me with a huge smile saying they love my hair that day. (Even though it's a lie since I had just rolled out of bed) But still, the gesture just brings a little light into my morning. Then receiving a text from my husband saying I'm the best thing that's ever happened to him and that he loves me so much. Just a simple text can bring a huge grin to my face, and change the course of the remainder of my day. I have two little experiences that I want to remember, so I'm writing them on here today. A few weeks ago I had what I like to call a "girl day". We all have them and I know most of you can relate. I was exhausted, frustrated, overwhelmed, stressed, pretty much every word in the book. Not one thing was going right and I wasn't about to change my attitude for the better. Instead, even the littlest thing brought me to tears. It didn't help having every person running up to me asking what was wrong... that just makes me cry harder. So I went home for lunch and just curled up in a ball and cried my entire lunch break. I felt much better afterward, and thought I was all dried up. But to my surprise, when I got back to my seat at school, I had cookies, friendship bread, a snack pack chocolate pudding and gracious smiles from friends all around me saying it would all be ok, it's just a "girl day". This only made me cry harder of course, but these were happy/grateful tears. How did I get so lucky to have such AMAZING people in my life? That, I do not know but I am forever grateful. For the rest of that day I got text after text from friends with such nice words of comfort, which made me cry every time I read them..Then today I had such a great little experience that just made me realize it's the little things that make you happy and it's all in your attitude. I had 2 patients cancel on me for today's appointment, one of which was right before clinic was supposed to start. Talking to Mitch and in Tears of course, I drove to school hoping to find someone along the way that I could drag into my dental chair. I kid you not, the VERY first person I saw in the parking lot said she had an extra patient coming in TODAY that I could use. (Thanks Cori your the greatest) And just that little gesture she did for me took the tears right out of my eye's and brought a smile of gratitude. My life isn't hard, yet I find the silliest things to complain about, when other people are suffering in ways I can't even imagine. I have so much to be grateful for and most of it comes from the people in my life. I have a great family,amazing husband, and so many great friends that I look up to in so many ways, and hope to be as great as them someday. I have many good examples in my life every where I turn, that push me to work harder and become a better person than I am today. I just want to say thanks to all the wonderful people out there that help make me want to become a better me...
What are YOU grateful for?
What are YOU grateful for?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Love you Roz, thanks for your post it made me want to try and have a better attitude because lately I have had a really bad one about school! See you tomorrow:)
Roz you're amazing!! You're usually the one lifting everyone up around you so it's good to know that you're human and have bad days too. I want to see you sometime. I miss you!!!
Roz, you're absolutely amazing! Whenever I'm having a bad day, I always think 'I need to be more like Roz!' I'm so lucky to have you in my clinic group and you're a kick A hygienist!
AHH Gosh Roz, I haven't read your blog forever! What wonderful people in your life to be grateful for. They always have your back, you can't ask for anything better than that! I love you so much and am grateful to you. You are always there for me, understand me, and love me no matter what I do (or don't do) I love you tons and tons!!!
Post a Comment