August 3, 2010
airport madness
Day 1- I was off to see Mitch for the weekend and somehow ended up with the worst flight ever (so I thought) but 11 hours later I was in Mitch s arms and loving life. I did meet one of the sweetest old lady which made the horrible flight all seem worth it. It's funny how in the worst situations one person can make such a difference...
Day 2- went to the pool and lasted a total of 45 minutes due to extreme heat and humidity. It made me have a lot of sympathy for my hard working husband who endures that awful heat daily.
Day 3- tried the pool thing again and lasted a little bit longer than 45 minutes. Met the greatest black man named Steve who bore me his Christian testimony, told me I had a beautiful personality, and within 15 minutes I had him convinced he was gonna quit smoking. I also had a few pool buddies and received a kiss on the cheek from a little Georgia black boy.. so adorable! And by the end of my wonderful night with Mitch I told him he had to come home and be with me because I miss him to darn much....
Day 4- I was dreading coming home, but I had Mitch commiting to come home to his loving wife by the end of the week, and we started packing his already empty apartment. We spent our day roaming the underground Atlanta mall, looking for at least ONE store that looked familiar. It's a complete culture shock down there being the minority. Makes me grateful for where I live. Soo I get dropped off at the airport, give our kisses and hugs goodbye and the airport chaos begins.....
Started out with an hour delay. Which was fine, it still gave me a little time to make my connecting flight in Denver to salt lake. An hour and forty minutes later our plane arrives,the airline over the intercom saying "everyone needs to move quickly, if the salt lake passengers don't make their flight they will be stuck in Denver for 3 days." wHAT! There were 15 of us salt lakers and we were just praying we make it.....and we didn't. Long story short, stood in line 3 hours, best thing is a flight to salt lake on Wednesday night. Not acceptable. So after many phone calls and tears, Mitch found me a flight with a different airline for Wednesday morning. As I was having him book it a lady next to me said she got a cheaper flight for Monday night! She was sweet enough to call for me and to both our surprise 2 seats had just opened up for 7:00 that morning (monday). I seriously got tears in my eyes because my heavenly father sent those tickets for me and I was Soo grateful! We got the tickets booked, went to our hotel, set my alarm for 1:38 minutes later, went back to the airport and made it back to Utah just in time to make the last 30 minutes of my first class..
Wow! I have never felt so loved and had my prayers answered so drastically. I know it is super silly but it made me feel so blessed. So really long story short...NEVER FLY FRONTIER! and I can't wait for my husband to be home with me, life is great...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Ugh I remember getting delayed coming home from seeing Brian, it was seriously the worst day ever so I can't imagine what you went through! Yay to Mitch coming home!
I hate flying. There's always problems that occur and it just brings on unneeded stress! Just wait til you have a baby and that happens. Ugh. My hubby's flight got delayed 4 hours from Dallas to SLC. He got in at 1am!
That is so hard to be away from your hub for so long! Glad you get to see him soon.
Oh my heck. I would have been freaking out! I am glad it all worked out for you though! I am glad Mitch is coming home soon! Then no more worrying about flying!
Oh my goodness what a mess! I'm glad you made it home in time though! Hopefully you can we with Mitch for good! I remember those summers, they're not much fun. Hope you're enjoying school! Good luck with everything!
hello, I commented on a few of your posts, including the family jackson trip below, just wanted to make sure you got them ;)
Post a Comment