December 1, 2009

Eternal blessings..

On Saturday we had an amazing opportunity to go through the Idaho Falls Temple. I went through it for my first time.. It is BEAUTIFUL..But the reason this day was so special is because we went through for our own ancestors. My family came and went through for deceased members of our family, and also Mitch's family came and went through for members of their family. After the session we had an even greater experience. We witnessed and participated in Mitch's parents being sealed to their family members. The spirit was so strong and it was so great to know our family members could now have the eternal blessings of being endowed and sealed to their families. I have such a strong testimony of the Temple. I have been through about 8 different temples, and no matter where you are on this earth, you can feel the same spirit in each and every temple. The house of the Lord is a place I love to go to feel peace and the love my savior has for me. It is AMAZING! So I just wanted to say how grateful I am for temples, and stress the importance of the need to go and do the work of the dead. Mitch gave an amazing lesson a few weeks ago in gospel doctrine and it really put into perspective the importance of doing your genealogy and helping your family members. They cannot advance until you do their work for them. So I am grateful that we have a temple so close, and I can't wait to keep attending the different temples all over the world with my eternal companion.... Speaking of eternal blessings.. my good friend Kelsie got married this last weekend and she was BEAUTIFUL! I didn't get any pictures at the wedding, but here are a few from the shower..

8 comments:

Team Allen said...

aww cute post!! that's so amazing that the family got sealed and that you were able to be there..and Kelsie is beautiful! I wish so bad I could have been there for her reception. I'm glad I ran into you and glad everyone in your family is okay from the thanksgiving disaster.
PS YES I did stand in that pathetic line for the ONE pair of basketball shoes I needed. all to save a few bucks..how lame.

Hilary and Brian said...

man oh man i can't wait till we get to go to the temple! you lucky ducks! i swear i have at least one dream a week about it!

Bree said...

That is SOOOO awesome! It's amazing to think of how far-reaching temple work is, and how blessed we are to be a small part of it! Thank you for your sweet testimony!

Abby said...

I totally admire that you guys go to the temple so often, and try to get into as many temples as you can. I love going and feeling the Spirit as well.
I especially love the Idaho Falls temple with it's different rooms and murals. Gorgeous.
I'm glad the boys are okay from that car accident. So scary! It snowed this morning here in Texas! It's a BIG deal. :)

Rach said...

Roz what a neat experience! I'm glad you got to be there for it. Thanks for sharing! Miracles really do happen in the temple everyday!

JeNnA said...

I LOVE THE TEMPLE TOO!!! Sweet update!!

BRITTANY said...

*SO AWESOME~...:)

Raw Redskins said...

That is so cool! You will probably never forget that what an awesome experience!