September 26, 2009

a year ago today....

Last year Mitch proposed to me at the Women's Race in Boise in front of THOUSANDS of women... It was such a surprise I didn't even know what was going on.... It was raining so hard, and everyone said that's the first year it's EVER rained during the race, so it was a day no one would forget... Mitch's proposal made the news later that night, we tried to get the video from the news station but they never sent it, so I only have the one his sister Jenny did. I'm trying to upload it but it's not really working... But I just wanted to tell Mitch I'm so grateful he asked me to marry him a year ago today in the pouring rain... Love you Mitch! Ashlie, me and my mom ran the race this morning and it was BEAUTIFUL! we had so much fun and lots of laughs.. Thanks guys love ya tons! I also found 50 questions to fill out about me and Mitch. I was bored on the car ride to Boise and filled it out.. so for memory's sake here it is... 1. When is your "engagement" anniversary? TODAY! That's why I wanted to post our video (which didn't work) and this little question air I found.. 2. When is your "marriage" anniversary: January 3 (it will be our first year this coming January) 3. How long have you known your spouse: For 5 years this past 24th of July! 4. How long did you date/court before you were engaged? Um... We ll say a little before his mission but really about a year and half after his mission.. 5. Where did you meet your spouse for the first time? On the 24th of July at the st. Anthony parade! 6. What is your spouse's full name: Eric Mitchell Rowbury 7. Do you have any children: No.. 8. How many - boys/girls: 0 9. Do you have any house pets: No.. I'm not the hugest fan of house pets.. But maybe someday we ll get a little yorkie 11. Do you live in the country or town/city: Town.. 12. What are some of your favorite activities together: Anything from sky diving to fishing or shooting guns to just hanging out at home with our friends and family.. 13. Do you have a favorite vacation spot: All the places we went on our cruise were a definite favorite.. 14. When did you first kiss? Before his mission like 5 years ago.. It was after a romantic evening at the sand dunes... 15. What church do you attend? Well we re bouncing from my parents ward in rexburg and his parents ward in st Anthony right now... 16. Did you get married in a church? Rexburg temple 17. What town is your current address at: Rexburg soon to be in Orem 18. Do you work or stay at home: I stay at home right now... 19. Where did you go on your honeymoon: To Vegas baby! 20.What was the funniest gift you gave when dating? Probably my homemade valentines card with the glitter glue and everything! It pretty much looked like a 4 year old made it. But I think he still has it somewhere 21.How long have you been together? Almost 3 years wow time flies when your having fun! 22. How long did you know each other before you started dating? Only a few weeks 23. Who asked who out? Mitch asked me.. 25.Where do you each work or go to school? Mitch works for pinnacle and we ll both be going to school in orem soon 26. Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple? When we are apart from each other.. 27. Did you go to the same school? No way.. I would never go to St. Anthony and my kids won't either.. Ha 28. Are you from the same home town? nope pretty close tho 29. Who is smarter? We are both smart in our own ways 30. Who is more sensitive? Mitch for sure 31.Where do you eat out most as a couple? Pf changs when there is one close by! 32. Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple? Jamaica? I dunno which ever island was farthest on our cruise 33.Who has the craziest exes? Mitch 34. what attracted you about him/her? The way he looked at me with those baby blue eyes... 35. Who does the cooking? Me! I cooked so much this summer.. Mommy you should be so proud! 36. Who is more social? we both are.. Mitch can be kinda shy sometimes but we both are very social! 37. Who is the neat-freak? Mitch is for sure.. I'm like the guy in the relationship who leaves the clothes I tried on that morning on the floor.. Oops 38. Who is more stubborn? I am very stubborn.. Mitch, not so much.. 39. Who hogs the bed? I do.. Mitch always complains that I steal the covers. But I grew up with a california king so its extremely hard to share a QUEEN after having such a huge bed to myself 40 Who wakes up earlier? Mitch usually 41. Where was your first date? At the sand dunes 42.Who had more boyfriends/girlfriends? Me for sure.. 43. Do you get flowers often? Yes my husband is so thoughtful.. 44. How do you spend the holidays? With our families wherever that may be... 45. Who is more jealous? we have both had our jealous moments 46. How long did it take to get serious? It took me a while because I had a missionary.. So it took me a good year to finally give Mitch my whole heart! 47. Who eats more? Um I'm embarrassed to say but I probably do ha 48. Who does the laundry? I do but Mitch helps out a lot so actually its pretty even.. 49. Who’s better with the computer? I would say me.. 50. Leave a piece of advice for the other couples: an old lady once told me and Mitch to never go to bed angry with each other.. I think we have done great at that so far! If we fight its for like one minute and then we just laugh at how silly we were being.. Love you Mitch! I'm so glad you asked me to marry you a year ago today!

10 comments:

Hilary and Brian said...

that's cool that he proposed that way! and you guys got married on my birthday, that is a good day if i do say so myself!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ben and Stacey said...

so cute! I'm so happy for you! wow time really does fly!!

cortney and neil said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cortney and neil said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Powell's Place said...

That's so cute! You can definitely watch that with me...just fly to Michigan haha.

Doug and Kate said...

Your two the seriously the most beautiful couple I've ever seen. . .so cute and you two do the funnest stuff!

BRITTANY said...

*HOW CUTE!--I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S BEEN A YEAR..BUT YEEA ASH IS DOING AWESOME CHEERING...I LOVE GOING & WATCHING HER..HOPE YA MADE IT DOWN TO UTAH ALRIGHT!..

Bree said...

You two are seriously SO cute!! I love that last picture! :) Oh, and count me in for going private-- bree927 at yahoo dot com.

Anonymous said...

I still laugh about this one.. I know exactly who you are speaking of with the crazy ex girlfriend issue. I've known the family for years and I promise you, you are so much better than they are! it just kills them that Mitch loved you since the day he met you and that the 'ex" will never compare to you! You are so tough to deal with such an obnoxious family. the entire town knows how they are, just know how great you and mitch are and don't let them bother you. they are just jealous and the ex is still in love with your husband, probably always will be! I've heard how she called him saying how much she loved him and not her husband (all while married to her husband) and how she said mitch could marry any girl BUT YOU! how immature can one person get? I know both of you and let's just say you are AMAZING compared to the ex.. I'm leaving this anonymous because I don't want to get the wrath of the family.. But hang in there, hopefully someday she will grow up and move on!