December 4, 2014

One Hard Day..

This was an INCREDIBLY hard day for me. Harder than I thought it would be. My grandma is such an incredible woman and it has been very difficult for me to see her decline so rapidly in the last year.
It was decided that we should be put in a home to get 24 hour care. But to do this she would need to sell her home. Sell OUR home. I grew up in this house. We spent every Holiday here since I was born. We lived here while our house was being built when I was in Jr. High. Mitch and I lived here for a few months before we left for the summer to sale security. Brikelle and I came up here weekly to spend time with Grandma Great. She grew to love this place as much as I did. SO many memories were created and shared in this place. I tried to take as many pictures as I could. Ever nook and cranny, every corner of this house holds a special place in my heart. The sink where my grandma used to bath us when we were babies. The laundry chute where we would put pillows and blankets on the bottom of it and jump from one level of the house down to the other.  The stairs we used to race in pillow cases and sleeping bags, and line up from youngest to oldest on Christmas morning to go see what Santa had brought us that year. The drinking fountain in the mud room that we would race to after playing outside on a hot summer day. The Kitchen, where we ate Mickey mouse waffles, had Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter dinners there and most of the time our Birthday dinners would be there as well. All together under that dining room chandelier.  The storage room in the basement where we would sneak down there and open a package of her chocolate chips. She ALWAYS had chocolate chips down there so we could make cookies together. I loved the smell of that old storage room. I will never forget it. The living room where we would do the Live Nativity every Christmas and read the Christmas story. Santa came to her house EVERY Year and gave us each a candy cane. I have pictures of Santa holding me in that living room when I was only a few days old. The Front porch. My grandma ALWAYS had a freezer full of schwans man ice cream cones. We would each grab one (or two) and sit on the front porch and look out at her beautiful pine trees and waterfall. I could go on for days about this house that is so dear to me. I will always remember Grandmas house on Apache..





No comments: