Berlyn- 1 Month! I just have to say I'm a horrible mom. I'm trying to play catch up and now I feel like I've already forgotten what she was like at 1 month!
AND I can't find her paper from the Doctor's office telling how much she weighs and all that jazz- I'll find it.. somewhere..
Well, I DO remember that my baby was just the cutest little thing at 1 month. She was 7 lbs 14 ounces when she was born, then at her two week appointment she had already gained a pound. This kid can EAT! She really liked to snack. She wouldn't just sit and eat then be full for a while. She would eat for a few minutes, then be done. Then 20 minutes later she would want a little more and then she would be done. It was EXHAUSTING! I felt like I was a full time milk cow. Which I pretty much was. But she was totally worth it. And the rolls on her ankles made it totally worth it too. She loved loved to be held. Like, if I put her down she would scream. and scream. and scream... So my house was a total disaster for the first little while my sweet gal was alive. But I wouldn't trade those moments for the world. I just sat and held her, and fed her and held her some more and I will cherish those moments forever.
Don't let that sweet little face fool you. This kid can SCREAM! She will let you know when she is not happy.. I wouldn't say that she had colic, but I will say that she seemed to be in constant discomfort. She was quite squirmy and just never seemed to be very content. You could tell she was trying to hard to be strong and not complain, but that darn tummy was never feeling awesome. Poor thing. She didn't like it if you talked too loud, or looked at her wrong, or other people holding her (including her dad) Sometimes I would just let her sit on the floor and cry for a while so I could shower... I know, I know.. bad mom award again. From the start I always felt she was a little DRAMATIC! But she is also sweet sweet sweet. We Love our little Berlyn Babe and this first month was an adjustment, but we loved getting to know this little girl and she fits perfectly in our little Rowbury family..


No comments:
Post a Comment