June 11, 2012

Two Weeks With My Girl

You had your two week appointment this morning. You're officially a big girl. You are 9 pounds even and 20.25 inches long. So my Brikelle, you are growing like a champ! The nurse kept saying how strong you were. I told her I know what you mean, breast feeding you is a daily battle in our household. You already think you're a big girl and can do everything by yourself. You like to help mom hold your binky and bottle, {which we have to resort to most of the time because breast feeding is not your favorite, and you are not afraid to let me know that.} You're already holding your head up nice and strong. Everyone is amazed that you're only two weeks old because you completely skipped the newborn wiggly stage. And if I had a dollar for every time I heard how beautiful you were, my school loans would probably be paid for at this point! These past two weeks have been full of so many emotions. Who knew being a mom was such hard work?? I probably cried every day. Mostly out of love and worry. Luckily my mom was there to let me know everything was going to be OK. You usually don't spit up, but there was one night that you spit up SOOOO much! I ran downstairs in a fury and asked my mom if you were going to be OK, and why you threw up so much. Your Grandpa Eaton just gave me that fatherly look and said, "Roz, she's a baby. She's going to cry, spit up and poop different colors. It's perfectly normal and she is a very healthy little girl." I think he was getting tired of my constant, "Is she ok? Is this normal? Is she supposed to sound like that? Is her poop the right color?"  So it's taken me a few days to slightly relax and realize that you are normal and healthy and I don't have to cry every time you cry. We've been VERY spoiled because your Grandma Eaton spent the first week in Utah with us and helped out A LOT! Then, last week we made the huge trek to Idaho and spent the week there. {I'll post on her big trip later} So you have been extra spoiled and have only been put down to sleep at night. I'm hoping this week goes alright because it's our first one with just the two of us during the day! {So far so good, I just need two more arms to get everything done} Thank goodness for the boppy, you LOVE love that thing. I just prop you up right next to me and you fall asleep like a little lamb. Speaking of sleeping. You are already on a pretty good schedule. We put you to bed about 9 ish and you sleep till 12:30, then 3:30 then you are wide awake around six-ish. Even though your parents are dead tired, we are wide awake at six-ish as well, just to oooh and ahh over our perfect little angel. I love watching you with your dad. I have never seen him get SO excited over something. You spent the entire week away from him last week and I think it about killed him. Every time you wiggle or move he feels like he needs to take a picture because it's the most adorable thing he has ever seen. We love how you scream when you take your tubby. We love how you sneeze 100 times a day, and every time you sneeze AT LEAST 4 times in a row. {You can thank your daddy for that.} We love your huge yawns and how it takes you five minutes of BIG stretches before you wake up. We love that you are somewhat twitchy when you sleep, we may or may not laugh every time your little body twitches. We love how you will be screaming and the second we put a bottle in your mouth you are JUST FINE, but you sit and grunt and sound slightly mad that it took us so long to figure out you needed a bottle. We love your DAILY blow outs, sometimes you have up to three a day. How can someone so little and cute poop SO MUCH?? We love your beautiful smiles and quirky grins you do while you are asleep. We love how your hiccups wake you up from your naps. {Ok, not so much the waking up part, but the look on your face when you wake up after a hiccup} We love how fuzzy your hair gets after your tubby time. We love how you will snuggle your face right next to ours and sleep for hours. And we especially love how we love EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU and this list could go on and on all day! I don't think there has ever been a little girl that is surrounded by so much LOVE. You're parents love you OH so much and we are extremely grateful you are part of our little family. We can't wait to see what the next two weeks bring and how much your pretty little self will change! Love you little Miss B...
Love, 
Mom

Look at that tough girl!

I can hold my  own bottle mom!

Her fuzzy hair after tubby time

Trying to get used to taking a bath, not so sure about it!

My happy B
 Loving your Boppy
Our precious little girl

4 comments:

Hilary and Austin Rawlings said...

oh my goodness she is just too cute! i love your posts! miss you!

Hilary and Austin Rawlings said...

oh my goodness she is just too cute! i love your posts! miss you!

Kaeli & Kyle said...

She is SO cute! I love the one with her fuzzy hair and wide eyes!!! Glad things are going good, good luck this week :)

Powell's Place said...

She is adorable! My baby had daily blowouts too until I realized that since he was born so big, newborn diapers were too small for him at one week old! Try moving up to a 1; it saved me a lot of washing. The poundage means nothing on diaper sizes.