February 28, 2011

Have I done any good?

*Well, today was like any other day. Stressed about school, stressed about midterms, group projects, community projects, worrying how I'm going to get it all done, worrying about what I'm going to cook for dinner, worrying about ME ME ME! Then I received an e-mail notifying that one of my friends I used to work with in Pocatello was killed on Friday. She was such a sweet girl and it just hurts my heart hearing this news. I am eternally grateful to know what I know, but after my Grandpa died I realized I truly don't handle death well. I mean, I can't even watch the News at night with Mitch because it makes me feel depressed and heartbroken every time I watch it. But it made me realize that Life seriously is so short and I don't have enough time to just sit around and worry about myself. *As I was sitting in Relief Society yesterday, we sang a song that really hit home to me. It made me stop and think about how selfish I have been lately, and learning about this sad news just made me think even more. I want to write out this Hymn because it helps to remind me of what's truly important.. And I personally needed to be reminded this week.. *Have I Done Any Good? 1. Have I done any good in the world today? Have I helped anyone in need? Have I cheered up the sad and made someone feel glad? If not, I have failed indeed. Has anyone’s burden been lighter today Because I was willing to share? Have the sick and the weary been helped on their way? When they needed my help was I there? Then wake up and do something more Than dream of your mansion above. Doing good is a pleasure, a joy beyond measure, A blessing of duty and love....

2 comments:

Robin said...

Roz! That's my favorite hymn!!! So excited to see it here on your bloggie :-)

Anonymous said...

You do alot of good!, you are always happy and smiling. You always see those that are feeling sad and try to cheer them up. You love your mother unconditionally which is difficult in and of itself and you are our sunshine!!!!